Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Life Goes On

As we wait for the 6th, I got to thinking about how this time is different than the first. The first time through, everything stopped on Dec 13. Life was put on hold while we fought the cancer. Batten down the hatches, dig in, fight and wait until we could declare victory and then get on with our lives. At least in my mind it was a case of understand it, categorize it, analyze it, solve it, move on. That's just how my brain is wired and for the most part, that process works very well for me. Unfortunately, fighting cancer is still very much a battle of trial, error and percentages. I have no doubt we will declare victory someday, it is just going to take longer than we had hoped. It has been said many times before that fighting cancer is not a sprint, it is a marathon. I understand that now more than ever.


As we navigate the future, this cancer may be riding shotgun for a bit, but it will no longer drive. Life is good :)

1 comment:

Jude said...

That's a great mindset John, it's a winner! Now I'm going to go be sick just looking at that picture ~ motion sickness! LOL

Please keep us posted on the good fight!