Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Advice needed: Preparing for a PET scan

Linda finished her chemotherapy last Thursday and Labor Day presented us with a nice long weekend to recover. She was definitely exhausted all weekend but was able to putter around the house for a few hours at a time. The primary side effects are wearing off and hopefully by week's end, she'll be up and about for the whole day.

Our next major event will be a PET scan in about 3 weeks, prior to radiation therapy. Linda had CAT and bone scans prior to chemo but that was 9 months ago. Everything turned up clean then, and in all honesty, I didn't realize the implications of the test. This time however, I am all too aware of the importance of the PET scan results. Remember the 'longest 2 days of my life'? I'm pretty sure the wait for the PET results will top those 2 days. It is still weeks away and I am already stressed about it.

A question to anyone who can offer advice: How do you cope with the stress of it? More importantly, how can I help Linda cope with it?

No comments: