Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Faith

Diagnosis, fear, anger, love, depression, chemotherapy, anticipation, optimism, isolation, uncertainty, surgery, pain, sympathy, grief, compassion, more chemotherapy, and hope.

It has taken a long 9 months of active treatment to get to this point. Tomorrow is a huge day. I can't even begin to express the feelings I am having. As much as I have been building tomorrow in my mind, it will be anti-climactic as we won't get the results until Friday (at the earliest) or next Tuesday (at the latest). At some point between now and then, we'll learn if we have been able to keep the cancer out of the rest of Linda's body. I'm trying to think of something insightful to say, but I can't. For once, I am at a loss for words.

Thank you to all the people who have sent prayers, positive vibes and/or good will. I may not have a traditional belief system, but I do have faith. I have faith in humanity. I have faith in friends and family. I have faith in Linda. I have faith that good things happen to good people. We have done everything we can and I have faith that tomorrow will be a sunny day.


No comments: